Friday, October 27, 2017

BLK Cosmetics by Anne Curtis | Velvet Lip Cream, Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner, CBH Palette | Review+Swatch+Price



I DIDN’T KNOW what was I thinking then, but I just found myself browsing over the website of BLK Cosmetics two weeks ago. It took me almost half an hour to decide on the items to be added in my cart, until I finally picked three products when I checked out. 


Now I'll be sharing my honest thoughts about them, so please keep on reading :)







THE PRODUCTS

I ordered three items out of the seven available products on their site. Below are the products that I’ve purchased and their prices:




BLK Velvet Lip Cream (Classy, pinkish nude) 
for 299.00 php

BLK Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner (Black) 
for 249.00 php

BLK Contour, Blush & Highlight Palette 
(Flushed, rose blush) for 499.00 php




Shipping fee costs me 210.00 php. The items arrived after three days, coupled with regular items on my email, whether the order is being processed or already being shipped. 


I first tested the CBH Palette and was impressed at first glance. It is a bit heavy than usual, creating a “feel” that the product is compact or dense. If it is your first-time to use such product, there is a quick guide at the back of the box.








I like that it combined three separate items in one: contour, highlighter and blush, making it so handy. The contour powder is light and blendable, while the highlighter and blush are both pigmented and blends to the skin really well. As I have a fair skin, this palette actually gave me a warm glow. 





This is how it looks like when swatched on the skin. I think the contour powder is somewhat light that it won't do justice in creating looks that requires heavy contouring. On the other hand, I totally like the blush because it has a soft shimmer, making the skin looked flushed yet natural-looking. Lastly, the highlighter didn't "wowed" me, because it's kinda dark for my skin tone, but the pigmentation is actually good and the light champagne hue creates a warm, sun-kissed glow, which I suprisingly love.





Next is the Velvet Lip Cream in pinkish nude. I was so surprised with its texture—so soft and creamy. When applied to the lips, it glides smoothly but somehow doesn’t spread evenly. I still used a lip brush cover the edges of my lips. 




However, I love its moisturizing effect on my lips, while leaving a subtle color. Plus, the packaging is really nice (so classy!), though the size of the actual product is smaller than a regular lipstick (like almost 3/4 of the usual, which make it a bit expensive if compared with other lipstick brands). 






I didn't love the color of the "classic nude" at first, but when I applied it, I notice that it has a shimmering effect---too mild to get easily noticed, but as you wear it, the glow comes out. Certainly not long-lasting, so if you want something that will stick on your lips for hours, this isn't your match. But for me, I've set the "smudge-proof and kiss-proof" criteria aside, because this is totally moisturizing! 






Lastly, I tried the Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeliner in black. It is like a fine tip marker that is indeed easy to apply, though I would love if the tip is a bit flexible. It doesn’t dry quickly after application, however, I noticed that it doesn’t smudge or fade for the entire day. It can also be easily removed using micellar water.




Not complicated to use and successfully managed to stick on my eyelids for the entire day. Another thing is that I felt no irritations or redness along my blinkers; it is lightweight and has rich black hue. Of course, the success of creating the perfect cat eyes still depends on the skill of the user (so practice lovelies!).





THE VERDICT


I have watched some YT videos reviewing BLK cosmetics, some of which didn’t actually recommend the products. But I guess, we shouldn’t be looking at this brand as a provider of high-end makeup products, because they will totally beat their purpose. I believe that the brand started out really well. They don’t need to offer products with the best coverage, the most pigmented or with awesome staying-power, because they are simply trying to cater cosmetics which will just enhance natural beauty—making every application uncomplicated, but out of the ordinary.



I would definitely purchase the remaining items and keep them as part of my everyday makeup routine. They are actually affordable in terms of product quality and packaging. They may not be the best makeup products that I've used or tried in the past, but they are good enough for my daily kikay kiteliminating the hassle of having too much makeup!


I can't wait to try the compact powder, brow sculpting duo, and the matte lippies! Do you want a one-makeup brand tutorial? Let us have one using BLK cosmetics :) Coming soon!



Uncomplicated beauty, as always

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!