Saturday, November 18, 2017

L’Oreal Paris Excellence Fashion Ultra Lights | DIY Hair Coloring



Wore black for almost half of the year already, so when L’Oreal launched their newest hair coloring kit at a discounted price, this adventurous lady decided to go light again! 

Your hair color, just like your kilay, can make and break your look, do you agree? Well, jet black is the most common hue for us Asians, and going for something that is lighter is not simply a decision you can make in a sec. You must first know what shade will suit you and what particular product can deliver the desired look. You can always seek professional service of a colorist, but if you are on a budget and prefer DIY, hair coloring kits will be your primary option. 

Now how’s the L’Oreal Fashion Ultra Lights kit? Continue reading to find out :)






THE PRODUCT

I picked kit #03, which is the Ultra Light Ash Brown, and I guess it is the lightest among the three kits. It guarantees up to 4x lighter color, so I’m expecting my hair to appear noticeably lighter. Inside the kit are the following:

1. Protective Serum
2. Colouring Crème
3. Developer
4. Conditioning Balm
5. Coloring Guide
6. Pair of plastic gloves


The product is absolutely user-friendly, since there is a step-by-step guide or instruction manual. However, if it is your first-time to color your hair, you may want to seek help from someone who have done it before. Though I have colored mine a couple of times before, I'm still having a hard time reaching at the back and sometimes end up leaving some areas uncolored. 

Basically, one kit is enough for those with short hair (like me), two for those with medium length, and at least three if it is really long. I started with dry and unwashed hair (but I always make sure that it's clean), and explore the contents of the kit. Carefully following the instruction manual, I did the coloring all by myself and let it develop for 45 minutes.


In all fairness, the gloves do fit the hands! Unlike with other kits, wherein the gloves resemble the one used for digging buffalo wings! yay!




THE VERDICT

I find the formula a bit "strong", because the smell actually suffocated me at some point. But it does wear off once you are already halfway coloring your hair. After washing, I easily noticed the "change" in my hair color. It is indeed "very light", especially on the roots. However, after blow drying, I scrutinized each part and noticed that the roots are visibly lighter than the rest of the hair---which made me sad. The color is not "even" either, which bugs me with a question: "Is it me or the product itself?". 




There was actually an instruction to color halfway through the hair first, down to the ends,  and leave it for 15 minutes before applying on the roots. And I did that! But surprisingly, it ended up like this *sniff*. So here's how it looks like under natural light:











Anyway, though the color is uneven, I still received a lot of comments that it looks good on me, or that the shade is really nice *smiles*. Well, I honestly love the color as well! It made my skin color appear even fairer, and it matches the brow kit that I'm using everyday (not unlike before when my hair is still black, my brows looked unnatural) I can even sport a "messy hair" look any time! I am actually planning to secure another kit and have it applied by a professional colorist, will let you know the result definitely :)


That's it! if you are interested to try the same kit that I've used, it is available at any Watsons Beauty Store for only 399 pesos. Share your thoughts with us! Comment your experience or queries below, thank you!



Always change for the better,






2 comments:

  1. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog. หนังตาตก

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are just bragging your outfit. The hair color is not really visible since you took it with your whole body. I'll give you some advice since the product you are reviewing is about hair please post your head part so we can see it closely. Your whole body is not that necessary.

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!