Thursday, March 15, 2018

Satisfy cravings for burgers, chicken and fries at The Black Apartment | #FridayFoodTrip



Who wouldn’t love juicy burgers and tasty fries on a Friday night? errr..I mean, afternoon!


There's quite a handful of burger houses near our place, serving the basic snacks to perfectly cap off another tiring week. And one definitely stood out because of its unique interiors and extensive menu. With a grumbling stomach, I visited the famous Black Apartment a few weeks ago, expecting to taste not-so-ordinary burgers, chicken and fries.






THE PLACE

The exterior is literally black. It’s a duplex house painted in black, adorned with wooden accents. The parking area is quite big, which is kinda impressive (since this is a common problem among food hubs, well I guess they are just expecting a lot of customers too). Inside, the area is very spacious, with wooden tables, chairs and couches. I have noticed that there is still provision for expansion, since they have only utilized the first half of the apartment. Lighting is great, as I was able to take good photos with just my phone; ventilation is pretty nice as well because it’s air-conditioned and not congested. 







THE FOOD

I am with Mr. J, so we ordered two burgers with fries, chicken wings and shakes.


For the burgers, we ordered the “Tenant” and “Chubby Roommate”, both includes plain salted fries. There was only one flavor for chicken wings so we tried it, the “Hot Chicks Next Door”. For the drinks, we opted for fruit shakes, “Mango Lychee” and “Mango Banana”.






The burger tastes ordinary at first, but as I munch, I noticed a few remarkable stuff in it: The bread was ‘pandesal-like”, very tasty and toasted just right. Moreover, the beef patty was really tender, thick, but a bit bland. All other ingredients were fresh and nicely assembled. 








On the other hand, the chicken is below par at first glance, but when I tasted it, my goodness, it’s unexpectedly delicious!—good flavor, tender and spicy! Lastly, the shakes simply matched with all the flavors in my mouth. I love the smoothness and the balanced taste of the ingredients—you can really taste the mango, lychee and banana. 








THE PRICE

It is hard to decide whether the prices on the menu are just right or a bit expensive. It will certainly depend on the item. In general, the prices can be justified by the quality of the food, especially for the burgers and shakes. But for the chicken, I’m a bit disappointed with the serving, too far from what is on the menu (others can even have unlimited chicken wings for only 200 pesos), hoping they could serve bigger portions or just increase the number. 












THE SERVICE

From the security personnel, to the cashier, to the one who assisted us, I can pretty much say that all have been trained to be very accommodating, quick and nice. It was good that after we finish our food, one of the staff approached us to ask for comments and suggestions. I gave them my honest remarks though, and that made me feel good as a customer. 


There are still a lot to try on their menu, that's why I’m so certain that I’ll be visiting them again any time soon (gotta try those rice meals and milkshakes!). 



If you are planning to visit The Black Apartment, they have two branches, the one that I've featured here is their Bahayang Pagasa branch. See details below:








Always share good food with family and friends, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!