Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Skincare Routine


For several years now, I'm in a quest---searching for the best skincare products that would help me solve my skin dilemmas! Actually when I was still studying, I really don't bother about how I look or if my skin condition was good. I just wash my face with mild soap and water and voila! off I go :) 

It's just when I started working that I become a bit conscious with my skin. To be honest, I don't have a perfect skin :( My current skin condition is definitely a product of my enormous efforts for the past years :) 

Now, I want to share with you my current skincare routine. I hope that these products will also work wonders on your skin. I've also included some helpful tips that you may try as well! Happy reading! :)


************************************


LET'S GET STARTED!

My face is a combination of OILY and SENSITIVE skin. I do have breakouts (pimples) every now and then, especially if I have my period (menstruation). But when I started following this simple skincare regimen, I've noticed a drastic change on my skin condition: fewer pimples (well they just erupt almost occasionally), brighter and more supple skin :) So what is my secret? Simple. You just need to follow these four steps: Cleanse, Exfoliate, Tone and Moisturize :)

STEP ONE: Cleansing

After removing my eye and lip makeup, I cleanse my face using this very nice product from Etude House: Happy Teatime green tea cleansing foam. It smells like green tea with a slight mint green color that turns into pearl white as it foams. 


HAPPY TEATIME CLEANSING FOAM (Green Tea) by Etude House. I super love this product 'coz it smells nice and it really removes the makeup and dirt on my face in just one wash. Sold at every Etude House stores for only P 198.00 (150 ml)

NOTHING TO WORRY about not understanding Hangul, they have an English translation of the directions and other stuff at the back of the product :)

Wet your face with warm water (this will open your tiny pores), then create an abundant foam on the palm of your hands (you can use a bubble maker to make this task easier) and apply GENTLY on your face. DON'T SCRUB TOO MUCH! you don't want to erase your entire face, do you? :) Use upward motions, massaging your face gently (this helps in minimizing and preventing the appearance of wrinkles).


BUBBLE MAKER. Well I prefer calling it 'foam maker'. How this thing works? Those tiny sponges will create the foam which then will get trapped inside the net. Just squeeze out the foam and your ready to go :) I bought mine at a Daiso Japan store (they are located inside Robinson's malls) for only P88.00

After massaging for at least 30 seconds to a minute, rinse it off with warm water (about 10 times if possible) then follow it with five splash of cold water (this will close your pores). 


RESULT: a super clean and soft  face! :)

_________________________________________________________________


STEP TWO: Exfoliating

I must admit that I took this step for granted, because I don't really know the importance of it until I did some research about proper skincare routine. Oh well, exfoliating removes dead skin cells and some unwanted stuff left on your skin even after you have thoroughly cleansed it. It's like digging your tiny pores and extracting all the bad stuff inside! And believe me, I've tried several facial scrubs available at Watson's and they all failed to do their job! Luckily, my hands found St. Ives apricot scrub, so I grabbed it and from there our romance started :)


ST. IVES APRICOT SCRUB. The best facial scrub in town! I've also tried their other varieties, like Naturally clear (for blemish and blackhead control) and Timeless skin (for a visibly toned and firm skin), but I just love this one because it truly improved the texture of my skin. You can grab one at any Watson's personal store for only P88.00 (1oz / 28 g)

The scrub has tiny bits of apricot beads which will act as natural exfoliants when applied. Dispense a pea size amount on your fingers and gently massage it on your face, just be gently okay? no harsh rubbing! Do it for at least a minute or two then rinse it off with water for about 15 times (Just to make sure that no residue of the scrub will remain on your face).

RESULT: fresh and smooth skin!

_________________________________________________________________


STEP THREE: Toning

Pat your face dry with a CLEAN, unused towel. But for me, I prefer using a cotton puff :) why? 'coz I think it is more hygienic than using a towel. You can also use a large facial sponge, whatever is more convenient for you.

Now your skin is clean and dry, the next step is to use a toner. Basically, applying a facial toner helps refine my skin, freshen it up and minimize the appearance of pores. It's like letting your skin drink water and take its vitamin. Once you have tried it for yourself, you'll see the difference!

I've tried Pond's pore minimizing toner, Olay's daily facial clarity purifying toner (whew! what a name?!) and Garnier's Light milky toner and believe me, my breakouts become even worse! :( So i tried to search for a better toner that could rule out my pimple problem. Fortunately, a friend gave me this product as a Christmas present, then everything was history :)


ETUDE HOUSE AC CLINIC daily toner. Thanks to my friend Gilbert for this present, it changed my life! haha! If you also want this product, you can purchase one at any Etude House stores (also located inside SM department stores) for P 548.00 (150 ml)
How to apply the toner? Simply grab a piece of cotton puff and moisten it with the toner. Gently apply it on your face using mild, upward strokes :)


COTTON PUFF! I find this type of cotton a lot more convenient than using a cotton ball. No more flattening needed! It remains moist and easy to handle. Got this, obviously, at Daiso Japan store for only P 88.00 (2 boxes, contains 90 pcs per box)

Look how cute this little cotton pad is :) You'll find other brands inside Watson's, but they're a bit pricey than this one sold at Daiso.
RESULT: smaller pores and refined skin!

____________________________________________________________________


STEP FOUR: Moisturizing

If you remembered earlier, I mentioned that my skin is OILY. So why do I need to moisturize it if I got a lot of sebaceous glands working for me? Well actually, after accomplishing the three steps above, your face can be a bit dry. For sure, a lot of moisture have been taken off your skin throughout the whole routine. That's why you need to moisturize :)

Aside from that, using moisturizers is the best way to keep your skin hydrated, especially in times when the weather is very dry. Currently, I'm using Myra E facial moisturizer which has been my best buddy for almost two years now :) I love this product because first, it's very affordable and second, it's not heavy, sticky or oily when applied on face. 

MYRA E FACIAL MOISTURIZER. The product is more like water-based than cream-based, so basically it's not that heavy unlike the Nivea cream or Olay moisturizer. Give it a try, visit any Watson's personal store and buy one for only P 78.00 (50 ml) 

Dispense a small amount on your fingers, rub it between your palms and instead of massaging it , pat it on your face (this will help in effectively absorbing the product).


RESULT: hydrated, supple and softer skin!


After I finished this skincare routine, I would always grab my Hydro Face Mist and spray it on my face for additional moisture! This type of product is very popular in Korea as it keeps the skin moist & firm and it also good in setting makeup :)


DEOPROCE hydro face mist. This is a new Korean skincare line which offers a variety of skincare products and also makeups :) I think they still don't have separate stores, but can be found inside SM department stores. Buy one for only P598.00 (100 ml)

____________________________________________________________________


AND WE'RE DONE! I hope this will inspire you to start your own skincare regimen :) especially for girls in their 20s, you should start taking care of your skin right now, because in the long run, it's your skin that will truly benefit from it.

MY FOUR-STEP SKINCARE ROUTINE :) 


ADD-ONS! Here are the other products that I'm using to give my face a treat once in a while, whenever I get so exhausted with work, graduate school and some other stuff :) 


PUREDERM collagen eye masks and DEOPROCE sheet mask :) I put them inside the fridge because I think they are more effective when they're cold. Haha!

PUREDERM collagen eye mask. This contains 30 pieces of mask, good for 15 uses. 

DEOPROCE color synergy effect sheet mask.  Well this one contains only 1 sheet mask, good for single use. Just place it on your face, leave it for about 15-20 minutes. Do not rinse your face, just let your skin absorb the serum :)
There are many cotton sheet masks that you can try. Use it twice or thrice a week for a healthier and fresher face :)


*******************************


HOORAY! you've reached the end :) Just remember that we have different skin types, which means there's no single product that could fit us all. Take your time in searching for the perfect skincare products that will fit your needs. Don't forget to strictly follow your beauty regimen :) Stay pretty!

- Miss G

________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! If you want to ask or share something, feel free to post a comment below :)

Please FOLLOW ME, leave a message or tag pictures of your own experiences!

Facebook:  Mary Grace Amparo (https://www.facebook.com/marygrace.amparo.52)
Instagram: @iam_msgrace
Email: marygraceamparo0701@gmail.com




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! I love face mists! :) What's your fave brand? By the way, thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I love face mists! :) What's your fave brand? By the way, thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Groß Inhalt. Ich schätze immer diese zuverlässige Informationen von Ihnen.
    Vielen Dank für das Teilen dieser großen Inhalt. Ich lese deine Beiträge. Sie sind inspirierend. Ich habe einige relevante Informationen, die Sie unten überprüfen können
    Hydroface Inhaltsstoffe
    Hydroface test

    ReplyDelete
  3. We as women, wanted to have a nice, glowing and rosy skin.
    Skincare

    ReplyDelete
  4. We as mother should choose the best skincare even if we are already a mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree much on that! We should always take care of our skin :) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

  5. There's a lot of options for how to clean your face. Things like foam cleansers, milk cleaners, cream cleansers, and oil cleansers. I personally use foam cleansers because it's soft and I was a pretty pathetic bat back in my day.
    I like the tiny bubbles. exposed acne treatment reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpful: facial wand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why go somewhere else when you’ve got such a beautiful blog right in front of you.
    http://cocoonmedicalspa.com/

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!