Monday, January 4, 2016

Starting the year with DIDACHE


I want to greet everyone a HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

2015 has been a great year for me indeed. With all those sudden twists in my life, I can never be more thankful for all those blessings and great opportunities. But of course, it was also roses with thorns---things can't be so perfect. Happiness were stitched together with some of my regrets. Good times were clouded by some dull moments. 


Nevertheless, l think we should keep the good things along with the bad stuff and move on...move forward ^_^ Besides, God's blessings won't end on our rainy days. A lot to expect for this new year for sure!


And for this year, I'll be starting it right---each day with the words of God :) In this post, I just want to share short thoughts about how this tiny book did wonders for my life---it may change yours too. 


**********************


DIDACHE (pronounced as dee-da-ke) is a Greek word for teaching. 


This book is a Catholic daily Bible reflection guide published annually by Shepherd's Voice Publication. The aim of this book is to basically encourage Catholics, as well as other Christians, to read and make use of the Sacred scriptures as guides to our daily lives.


I got the first copy of this book way back 2014. It was a gift given to me by a good friend and former co-faculty, Ms. Marilyn Lalunio. It was a great gift. It helped me make better decisions, changed how I look into things, and opened my mind in the significance of God's words in my daily experiences. It made me look into life more positive than before. 


In 2015, I haven't received another copy as a gift and I didn't bother to shed some cash and secure one. I went into my life as normal and life seems normal to me. I had some of the biggest changes in my life last year: I created my own blog, I got hired in a new workplace and I finally entered my final year in grad school. I received a lot, I experienced a lot, I thank God for all the blessings. But as the year progresses, some of the great opportunities turned out as regrets. They were great but it seems as if I made the wrong decisions. I lost some of my enthusiasm at work, as well as in my pursuit for a master's degree. I also got so frustrated because I wasn't able to post regular entries on this blog. Now, I don't know if I'm still blessed or doomed by my own decisions. Or maybe, I just lost my positive heart.




During the Christmas season, I received a very familiar gift. But this time, it's appearance was a bit different, but it is still the same great gift I received a year ago. That friend of mine again gave me a copy of DIDACHE for 2016. I was so ecstatic. I felt blessed the moment I unwrapped the present. Then, as the year 2016 commenced, I started my reflections with the words of God. It made me wished for great things no more, only for one great thing---a positive heart led by God. I believe that this year will be better than the previous because I'm now back to HIS words. 


*************************


Are you lost? Are you always anxious? Are you worrying if this year will be good to you? Worry no more and let God lead your way and shape your decisions. Start your year with DIDACHE!



Let HIM increase in your life, then wait for God to surprise you!


"For the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world"



For the love of God,

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!