Sunday, December 10, 2017

H&M Makeup got me SHOOKT! | Review



I’VE BEEN VERY much interested with the makeup line of H&M, though a bit hesitant to try because the brand doesn’t really specializes in makeup. Actually, I was so surprised that they carry almost all the essential items, including the tools, which made me really intrigued. My curiosity started a month ago when I first swatched some of their products and got hooked with their eye shadow collection. But since I'm having second-thoughts about their prices, I opted not to purchase anything yet. 


But then, just a week ago, I finally bought a stash. 


Now I’m excited to share my thoughts (and photos) on each item, and hopefully help you decide whether to include these products in your Christmas wishlist. Let’s get started!






THE PRODUCTS


We shall begin with H&M All-Day Liquid Foundation. Honestly, I ceased on using liquid foundation about a year ago. Since I have oily skin, I find it very uncomfortable to wear liquid bases, that later on melt and slide down my face---making me look like a popsicle. Finding the right formula is really hard, plus, you have to consider if it is the right shade for you as well. 


And this product is certainly a cut above the rest. 












The consistency is like an average liquid foundation. It smells light and pleasant (which is good because I hate strong-smelling makeup bases). The pump dispenses just enough amount of the product, and has a tight-fitting cap, so no worries that it will spill. Overall, the packaging is simple, classy and very handy.


When applied on the face, it instantly gives a flawless, matte finish. Blending using my fingers was a struggle, so I used a damp sponge instead. I picked the lightest shade, which is Alabaster, expecting that it will oxidize after a few hours. Yes it does, but only a little (which is unexpected)---leaving me a nice, natural fair glow. 


This 30 ml liquid foundation costs 599.00 php.











To set the foundation, I secured the H&M Perfectionist Finishing Powder. I opted for a compact powder (since it is more handy and less messy than loose powder) and got the same shade, Alabaster


The packaging is in nice white-black combination, that is lightweight and very slim. There's no sponge or applicator that comes with it, so I just used my own powder brush. As with the texture, it is velvety smooth and matte; a thin layer is already enough in setting the base. Observing it after a few hours, I was so surprised that it managed to keep the shine at bay, and it doesn't cake! 


This 9 grams compact powder costs 599.00 php.














Next in line is the H&M Infinite Impact Eye Color (shade is Ingenue). This eye color is super pigmented and can be used as an eye shadow, lower eyelid liner and/or highlighter (pertaining to this shade only). 

The packaging is absolutely nice, though I believe that it won't be able to survive a 'chunky' makeup kit (especially because the cover is made of very thin plastic). When applied, it is incredibly bendable and stays on-point even after a few hours. 




















Last, but not the least, is H&M Lip Colour-To-Go (shade is "In a Heartbeat"). I love the color and the candy-like smell, which got me so excited to swipe it. As I applied it on my lips, it was so creamy that it breaks easily. I wasn't really bothered at first, because I thought that I can just twist the bottom part and have more, but no---there was nothing left! *cries* 

I'm so sad that I won't enjoy the product anymore (because it's already empty!), given the thought that it is actually moisturizing on the lips; a perfect to-go lip color if ever.


This 2.8 grams lip color costs 349.00 php.











THE VERDICT


So how was my H&M makeup experience? In general, it was a blast! I will absolutely recommend most of the items that I've featured here (well I only got four *giggles*). But yeah, they literally got me SHOOKT!


The liquid foundation and finishing powder are my top picks! Well I thought that I'll be wasting my 600 bucks on each, but after using them, they shall now be part of my daily makeup routine. What I like about these two products are the following: (1) provide great coverage, without looking unnatural, (2) give a healthy matte finish, perfect for those with oily skin, and (3) very affordable, as compared with their high-end counterparts. 


The eye color on the other hand, is my favorite now when it comes to 'highlighting', though I also use it on my eyes. If you cannot afford expensive highlighters, or just starting out, you can play with this product and achieve close to 'pro' results. Not so affordable, but given the quality, I will surely place my second purchase. 


What I won't suggest for you to buy is the lip color. Certainly not worth your money (maybe if it was priced lower, like a hundred pesos, that I won't fret), that I'll just go for a tinted lip balm. I'm really hoping that they will improve this product in the future, because it has good potentials. Those who are not used in wearing bold lipsticks may opt to go for this instead---but not until they improve it.





That's it for the first part of my H&M makeup review, YES! we shall have a Part 2! There are still a lot of items to try, so please stay tuned for that :) If you have tried these items as well, please feel free to comment your thoughts below! 



"No amount of makeup can make you more beautiful, than being yourself"



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!