Sunday, April 10, 2016

Top 5 Street Food you shouldn’t miss in Baguio



WHO DOESN’T LOVE STREET FOODS? I always crave for these cheap but mouth-watering treats for they always remind me of the good times I had back when I was still a student. Dozens and dozens of siomai, scramble, taho (soya with syrup), isaw (chicken intestines), and kwek-kwek (quail’s egg) helped me survive my frugal days in high school and college.



WHEN I VISITED Baguio last Holy week, I was so ecstatic to see a lot of street food sold in almost every corner of the city. Just like the first time when I visited the City of Pines ^_^ Now, here is my list of the TOP 5 street food that you should try and never miss out in Baguio.



1. MANGGA WITH BAGOONG (Unripe mango with shrimp paste)

Yes, you can find it anywhere in the Philippines, so what’s so special about the mangga with bagoong here in Baguio? The slices of unripe mango are thinner (making it easier to chew), the plastic used (thicker and easier to grasp) and the bagoong---they use pure shrimp, no extenders, and it’s not too salty. It costs only 20 php per pack. You can easily find the vendors inside the Burnham Park, Wright Park and Botanical Garden.




2. STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM

Their famous strawberry-flavored ice cream is really one-of-a-kind. A single serving of this cold dessert costs 15 – 20 php, depending on the location of the vendor selling it. The ice cream really contains real bits of strawberry. I bought my first cone inside the Burnham Park (15 php), while the second one is in La Trinidad’s Strawberry Farm (20 php). Is there a difference? YES! The one that I’ve tasted at the strawberry farm is creamier and contains more bits of strawberries, really worth the price!





3. STRAWBERRY TAHO (soya with strawberry syrup)

People here can’t just get enough of this heart-shaped fruit! Taho is one of my favorite morning treat, but I can also indulge on it any time of the day. I bought a cup at the Mines View Park for only 25 php. The syrup is very sweet but it complimented the hot soya. I just hope they will include bits of strawberries too (maybe in the future).





4 & 5. GRILLED CORN and DRIED PUSIT (squid)

Nothing so unusual about them, only with the serving size ^_^ Still loving the fact that the vendors ensure that their customers will get the most out of their money. These on-stick delights will pacify your growling stomach after walking through the Mines View Park. Sold at 20 – 35 php only.




So next time you'll visit Baguio, don’t forget to try them all ^_^, because your trip won’t be complete without them for sure.



Anything you would like to add on this list? Feel free to comment them below! Thank you for reading!



Your ultimate food buddy,



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!