Sunday, April 10, 2016

BON CHON'S BIBIMBOWL


I AM A BIG FAN of Korean food! My cravings were greatly influenced by Koreanovelas that I’ve watched (which I’m addicted to) and my little sister who always experiment in cooking Korean dishes. However, I don’t get to enjoy Korean food that much since my sister and I are already busy with work, so we don’t cook that much, plus the fact that Korean restaurants are all up there in Tagaytay City, which will require a pretty long ride.


Good thing we have this new fast food chain which specializes in Korean food---BON CHON ^_^
And now, I’ve tried their newest offering, the BIBIMBOWL, Let’s see it’s yum or yay! Enjoy drooling, oh wait! what I mean is---READING!


***************

BIBIMBOWL


Price: 
99 php (A la Carte) / 155 php (with bulgogi soup and drink)

Details: 
A bowl of rice topped with meat (beef of chicken), sweetened nori, pickled carrots, strips of scrambled egg, sauce, sesame seeds and slices of leeks

Serving size: 
Good for one person only (approximately 2 cups of rice)

(Disclaimer: The description was made based from personal observation and opinion only ^_^)


**************

I ordered a Beef Bibimbowl with bulgogi soup and drink for only 155 php. I was given a special table number with details on how to enjoy my Bibimbowl, and of course, on how to share it online. I’ve waited for more or less 10 minutes before my order was served.

USE THEIR OFFICIAL HASHTAG: #bonchonbibimfun


Unlike the authentic Bibimbap, the toppings of my Bibimbowl were fewer. I was looking for the sunny side-up egg and other vegetables. But oh well (I said to myself) I guess the taste will justify the price. So I mixed everything and dig into my bowl.

THE BIBIMBOWL


...AFTER MIXING


THE BULGOGI SOUP


It was good! The sweet taste dominated, but a few hints of sourness will hit you as you masticate your meal. The soup was good of course as it matches the Bibimbowl, I just hoped it’s a bit salty.


If you’re dead hungry, the meal won’t relieve your hunger a hundred percent. So I guess this one should be paired with other items. I’m not so sure with this though, because the beef is not that heavy for me, maybe you can try the Chicken Bibimbowl instead.



In general, I think it’s worth the price and the experience. Hungry? Grab a BIBIMBOWL now! (Sounds familiar though..haha!)


More awesome food to come! Don't forget to share this with your friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!