Sunday, July 24, 2016

Little Tokyo Adventures: IZAKAYA KIKUFUJI


WHO'S UP for some yummy Japanese food? Aye Aye! :)




I was with a friend when I visited the famous Little Tokyo in Makati. The place really looked like a Japanese food hub! We were lost in the middle of the Japanese lanterns and signages. I bet it'll look more authentic if the lights are on (so next time, I should visit in the evening!). 



We arrived there at around 11:00 am, but we're quite disappointed because most of the restaurants were still closed. Most of them opens at 11:30 am, while a few starts serving as early as 9:00 am. I'm so dead hungry so we looked for a place to eat right away. We settled in a restaurant located near the entrance of the Little Tokyo: Izakaya Kikufuji 



I really love the feels of going inside unknown places, in search for gastronomic dishes that will give me another epicuric experience! However, Izakaya Kikufuji intimidated us, the moment we step inside this spacious Japanese restaurant. But we cannot retreat then! A lady in traditional Japanese clothes approached us and we found ourselves sitting on a chair (but with no legs) with a thin pillow on it. 

It was amazing! even without the food yet, sitting on the floor with a low-rise table in front of us made me feel excited for this Japanese experience!

And so we asked for the menu :)






We were like "Really? this cheap?!"

A meal for a person can actually serve two, and also comes with a bowl of rice and free side dishes. You can also choose whether you like an iced coffee or fruit for dessert, which is also for free! 


MY ORDER: Beef Teppanyaki plus rice and side dishes for only 269 pesos!
`
One of the many reasons why I love Japanese food is the taste---very light and not overwhelming to the taste buds! But the flavors are unique and will surely satisfy your tummy and give you a good feeling :)

And this restaurant does the job amazingly! I love their food! 


The beef is soooo tender! And its taste blends well with the vegetables :)

I thought this one is simply breaded meat, but I was shocked because these are actually raw fish meat! *cried*


I settled for fresh watermelon slices instead of iced coffee :)


They serve fast! We ordered Katsu Ni and Beef Teppanyaki (plus the rice and sides) and the lady who attended to us served everything in appropriate temperatures. However, I just don't like the containers (bowls) they used for the food we ordered. In addition to that, I'm not quite impressed on their plating skills when I saw the dishes (except for the California Maki). But at least, all of them are delicious. 




Of course they also have the pricey ones...like their California Maki which costs 280 pesos for 8 pieces. But I tell you, they serve the best Maki! 

A must-try!

If you don't want to be seated on the floor, they have areas with normal chairs. (I love those that surrounds the kitchen area, because you get to see what they are preparing inside while you're eating)





It doesn't look attractive outside, but the interiors will make you say "Suteki na!" (very nice!) You should visit their place today! They are located along Chino Roces Avenue: 2277 Pasong Tamo, Legazpi Village, Makati City.




After a very sumptuous lunch! Hello to my pretty food buddy, Ajay :) 



And there's me, the happy kid! 



Well, see you again next time my epicure friends! I hope you'll visit this place soon and don't forget to share your experiences with me!


Go ahead and have a cheat day, once in a while :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!