Monday, August 15, 2016

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen


I WAS ASKED TO WAIT for three hours before I can receive my laboratory results, and since it's lunch time, I went out and took a stroll along Bonifacio High Street.  

I'm in a low budget mode that time (well, until now haha!), but I'm totally craving for noodles, or any cheap Japanese food! Then I found myself in front of this restaurant, one of the staff went out of the door and welcomed me. I was about to leave when she immediately uttered these very persuasive phrases: "Affordable lunch sets ma'am! Delicious ramen!". And yes, I went in and took a seat. 


Not really affordable (for kuripot souls, like me), but a worth-it-gastronomic-experience for adventurous foodies out there---promise! Oishi!




I seated on a table for two and found these stuff on my table. There were three types of menu and I immediately looked for the one with the "affordable" (according to the staff) lunch sets. The other two contains the details of their signature ramens and other authentic Japanese dishes.




So each lunch set costs 299 php (I'm dead *sniff*) which includes a ramen, rice or side dish, salad and cold tea. I picked the Chashu Don set (the first one, with rice of course!). 




While waiting for my food, I took a few minutes to marvel on the intricate design of the walls and ceilings. The theme of the restaurant is black and red. If you'll come here with your friends and family, you can enjoy your food while seating on those round couches. 





After 10 minutes, here they are! Three bowls of unknown flavors...I honestly don't know which one to taste first, so I took a gulp of the cold tea...




I can't put into words how I felt when I tasted the ramen...it was nice and creamy...flavors are all there, each on the right places. But before I got consumed by this bowl of delight, I dug my chopsticks into the bowl of rice (Chashu Don) with chicken toppings. Chashu Don made my heart melt...I love its savory and spicy flavor. Of course, the salad definitely balanced everything because of its crunchy texture and refreshing taste. 


ORIGINAL TONKOTSU RAMEN

CHASHU DON

CRUNCHY SALAD


I enjoyed my meal for an hour, emptying several glasses of tea in between. This won't be a regular thing for me (because it is definitely not affordable on a daily or weekly basis), but this can be a perfect payday treat for anyone who loves Japanese food :)


WIDE-EYED food monster here!

It is located along Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. They also have another branch at SM Aura Premier (2nd floor). Visit them today and let me know your thoughts! 



'til my next "unexpected" food trip!




2 comments:

  1. Love their Ramen! although there are other restaurants with good ramen but more affordable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yassss! I also take that into consideration... hoping we can do a blog together---featuring RAMEN!

      Delete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!