Friday, March 23, 2018

Budget-Beauty: Fashion 21 Double-Up Mascara | Review



So I was browsing my Facebook feed when I saw Martha's post (blogger behind The Beauty Junkee) about this mascara from a local makeup brand. The overwhelming reviews by beauty bloggers like her made me even curious, like I want to get my hands on it---ASAP! Is it really worth the hype?



I've tried it for myself and here are my thoughts:







THE PRODUCT

The packaging is slimmer and longer than my current tubes of mascara. Metallic red in color (obviously, haha!), but the shade of the body is different from the cap (which quite bothers me for some strange reasons). But in general, it's sleek and easy to handle, which is good. 






The wand is made of fine bristles which distributes the product evenly on the lashes. It is very easy to apply too.   







THE VERDICT

It was love at first swipe! 


I don't have long lashes that's why I either get lash extensions or apply layers over layers of mascara, just to achieve doll-like peepers. And this product became my instant favorite! True to its claim: It can "double-up" your lashes, twice the original length!


The product doesn't create lumps on the lashes and coats each hair perfectly---extending while parting the lashes beautifully. It will only require 3~4 coats to make the lashes appear longer and a bit fuller. And when I tried removing it with water, it formed chunks, which easily slid down my lashes---no need for mascara remover!



The only downside of this product are the following:

1. It is not totally smudge-proof 
2. It is definitely not water-proof 
3. It cannot increase the volume that much


Though it's not perfect for summer, still, an awesome product for daily use. 

(On the picture below, I applied 5 coats of mascara on my right eye lashes. Look at its difference with my normal lashes!)







I totally recommend this product because for only 239.00 php, you have a great quality mascara  which is very affordable yet can function like a pro! 

If you have tried it already, share your thoughts below! Don't forget to share this with your girlfriends! Like, Share and Follow!




Let those peepers do the talking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!