Sunday, April 8, 2018

BLK Cosmetics' Newest Collection, My K-Beauty Starter Kit | Review



BLK Cosmetics' newest collection finally dropped last week, and it's something that k-beauty fans will surely dig in! This summer collection promises quick Korean look, that is easy on the wallet and will fit even the smallest vanity kit. 



I got my K-Beauty Starter Kit just before its official media launch, and here's my jeongjighan review!






Inside the kit are the core items of the collection: BB+CC Cream, Intense Liquid Color Eyeshadow and Lip & Cheek Water Tint. 



There's also a preppy guide on how to use the products, plus cool kyeopta stickers!







BB+CC Cream Stick (Price: 499 php)

It's not the usual foundation stick, because it combined two of my fave bases: BB (Blemish Balm) and CC (Color Corrector). Also, it has a built-in brush with super-fine bristles. I got the shade "Ivory Beige", which suited my skin tone, though I'm not quite happy with its scent.    



It is easy to apply; gives a slightly dewy glow, but certainly won't create a full coverage. You must blend it using the brush because it does do the job---making pores appear less visible. 













Intense Color Liquid Eyeshadow (Price: 299 php)

I chose "Cute" since it's the lightest and the most natural among the available colors. It is pigmented and glides well when applied with the sponge applicator, but I prefer blending it with my finger instead. Further, it gives off a nice shimmer, and can also be used as a highlighter too!







Lip & Cheek Water Tint (Price: 249 php)

For the tint, I got "Cherry". It has a light fruity smell, with a gel-like texture. It adheres on the lips really well and stains nicely. 


As a lip tint, it sets the bar a little higher than the rest. However, as a cheek tint, I find it hard to blend. Since it stains well, it leaves tiny marks on the cheeks, making it look patchy. I guess you just have too apply it indirectly (place it on your fingers first, one cheek at a time *smiles*).






Now here are the swatches:






Now this is me after using the products. I shot this outside, so I can show you how it will look like under natural lighting. (messy hair tho, still in my "pambahay" hoho!). I was able to create a Korean-inspired look in less than 5 minutes!







That's it! I'm really happy about this collection because it made makeup application really quick, easy, yet effective. So if you are a busy gal or a lazy beauty junkie (like me), you better include these items in your makeup kit---ASAP! 



Beauty shouldn't be complicated, at all times :)



Saranghae,



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!