Saturday, April 25, 2015

Renewing Professional Licenses


LAST THURSDAY, I successfully managed to survive the dragging process of renewing my professional IDs and securing a certificate. I went to the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) last April 7, 2015 to file a renewal application for my PRC licenses, which sadly consumed half of my day. Then on April 23, 2015, I expected that the process will be a bit faster because I will just claim my IDs---until all turns into pure disappointment :(


Well now, I'll be giving you an update on the process of renewing your professional license and getting a certificate of registration. I hope this may help you in your next transaction with their office. :)


LET'S GET IT ON!

__________________________________________________

DAY 1 (April 7, 2015)

I'm from Cavite, so I took a UV Express van bound to Lawton (Manila). In just an hour, I arrived at Manila City Hall. From there, just ride a jeepney with a signboard QUAIPO/MORAYTA/PRC; and as always, tell the kind manong driver to drop you off at PRC. But if you've been to FEU Manila, then it's just a few blocks away from the university. 


Once you're inside the establishment, Look for the Public Assistance Counter (located near the entrance) and secure a renewal slip. Fill-out the necessary information and paste your passport size picture (with name tag and white background). 

DELETED some personal information :) Forgive me for not showing my  picture here! I forgot to bring my own pic, which forced me to have my picture taken at the PRC coop store---the result was a nightmare! haha!

After accomplishing the renewal slip, proceed to the PRC main building. 

PRC MAIN BUILDING. It's quite loaded with professionals especially during vacation. If  you have queries, the security guard positioned at the main door will be glad to accommodate you :)


Inside the building, proceed to the registration division, window 16 for initial filing. The PRC personnel will give you an application form. Fill the necessary information and paste another passport size picture. After that, you can now proceed to the Cashier counter (outside the main building) to pay for the ID. If you're like me who filed beyond the expiration date of my license, you'll be required to pay for a surcharge fee. 


FILED LATE. There was a surcharge fee of P 30.00 because my application was three months delayed. 


After dealing with the cashier, proceed to window 18 (inside the main building, again) for final filing of your application. Secure an ID claim slip and return on the date specified on it. 


DON'T FORGET to fill-up the required information and be back on the date of releasing :)

___________________________________________


DAY 2 (April 23, 2015)

Now it's time to claim your professional ID! I think it's better to arrive early at the PRC office, because even the claiming process is a bit dragging. 

Submit your stub (ID claim slip) at window 27. Just wait for your name to be called at window 30. The "waiting" part will take an hour and a half, which means you need to pack some patience on your bag and eat them up while inside the office :)


AT WINDOW 27. 



WAITING IN VAIN. I'm seated outside because a lot of people was occupying the seats in front of window 30. 

They group the names in 20's. They'll call twenty names, let them fall in line, then release their cards. I'm not sure why did they have to do that process, but what I know is that it only make things progress even slower. 


MY RENEWED LICENSES :)


At last! renewed license on my hand! Whew!


Okay, Let's take a quick review of the entire process and I'll also insert a few reminders :)


Things to prepare*:
  • 2 passport size pictures (with name tag and white background)
  • ballpen and glue 
  • photocopy of your license
  • money (the amount will depend on the profession)

Step-by-step process:
  1. Secure a renewal slip
  2. Proceed to the registration division inside the main building
  3. Submit the renewal slip and secure an application form
  4. Pay at the cashier counter 
  5. Proceed to window 18 for final filing
  6. Secure an ID claim slip
  7. Return on the specified date
  8. Submit your ID claim slip at window 27
  9. Wait for your name to be called
  10. Claim your ID at window 30

*actually you can just go there without any of the things listed above, they have a photo booth (80 pesos for 4 passport size pictures), a free glue and pens on each window/counter. But of course, if you want to cut some time in the whole process, just have them ready :) Besides, the camera, that they are using to take photos, seems so obsolete... you'll look like an ancient person. haha!


_____________________________________________


CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION 

Since I didn't claim my PRC certificate way back 2011 after my first registration, here I am facing another drama which will test my patience, again!

Luckily, and to my surprise, the COR is for FREE, yes baby, you heard it right! no more falling in line at the cashier counters (weeee!). 

Proceed to window 13, log your name, license number, date & place of examination and signature on their logbook, and just wait for your name to be called. 


THE BUSIEST AREA. Not a good idea filing on summer! lots of people and long waiting time:(



And for whatever reasons, it took the PRC personnel two hours to finally release my COR. Yes I know its free, but where's justice on that?! And for hours I thought it was really free of charge, that I've forgotten that documentary stamps are still required---so I paid 21 pesos for each.








And I got my certificates :)

'til my next government office adventure (haha!) Don't forget: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! 

--Miss G.


______________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! If you want to ask or share something, feel free to post a comment below :)

You can FOLLOW ME, leave a message or tag pictures of your own experiences!

Facebook:  Mary Grace Amparo (https://www.facebook.com/marygrace.amparo.52)
Instagram: @iam_msgrace (use the hashtag: #missgdiaries)
Email: marygraceamparo0701@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!