Sunday, August 9, 2015

I am Ms. Misunderstood


MOST OF MY FRIENDS can testify that they all experienced this “first impression” syndrome when they first met me. Honestly, I’m not really good at making friends, and I only have a few people to consider as my genuine friends. Although I can get along with other people in a casual manner, most of them seem to remain as acquaintances rather than close buddies. I’m not sure how you will define the word “friends”, but for me, they are the ones who can keep up with the best and worst version of "you".


I often throw myself questions like: “Maybe there’s something wrong about me?” or “Am I too loud? Am I that insensitive?”---this kind of stuff always bothers me. But in contrast to my self-accusations, my friends always assure me that I’m one of their best buddy and someone they’ll never, ever, forget (aw… ^_^)


That’s why I came to realize that maybe I’m just being misunderstood by some people, maybe they are just overthinking things about me…Maybe I should help them know the REAL me. 



Below are some of the false impressions about me, that I often hear from the people I encounter (some eventually become my best friends). 



1. She always wear makeup, She's definitely "maarte" (my apologies to my foreign readers, I think there's no appropriate English translation for this word)

Well I understand the logic of this, somehow. Actually, the main reason why I wear makeup is plainly because I want to look presentable in front of my friends, colleagues and students, and to all of the people that I may encounter everyday. For me, a presentable face possesses indescribable power to persuade and convince other people. But it doesn’t mean that I cannot be simple?! Honestly, I prefer my no-makeup face ^_^.



2. She has this "resting bitch face", such an obnoxious brat.

*sigh* forgive my genes, I don't really mean to look so daunting and grumpy?! I may not look so approachable at first, but I promise you, I am a very sociable person who loves long hours of conversation :) Don't judge so easily, Give me a try!



3. Her skin is so fair, maybe she bathe in a tub filled with papaya soaps and drink pitchers of glutathione.

I'm very used to these type of comments, and I honestly find them as a compliment. But to be honest, I haven't tried using soap or even taking pills with glutathione. Even papaya soaps are not on my shopping list. I think, my skin color is courtesy of my dad's wonderful genes ^_^ plus I'm really into lemon water and fruits--which I found effective in making your skin healthy and glowing. 



4. She is so skinny, maybe she's so picky about food

If only you knew the truth... that I'm a monster whenever yummy food is around! Maybe you should join me in one of my buffet escapades! haha! I normally ate a lot, I love food, I love cooking and eating relieves my stress :) However, due to my very active metabolism, I don't really get fat. But, I assure you that I also have those belly bumps that I cut-off through intense ab crunch and plank routines. 



5. She always wear skirts and shorts, She's so liberated

Oops! that one hurts, really. I love wearing skirts and especially shorts because they make me feel more comfortable and pretty. It's not because I want to show off my bare legs, I just feel so constricted when I sport jeans or pants. But I'm pretty sure that I always wear appropriate clothes for every occasion and every situation.



6. She laugh so hard---what a loud and wild lass
            
That's the real me!! When I'm happy, very happy, I really laugh my lungs out! haha! But I rarely to that on public places, I guess... especially if the place requires silence and formality. I'm not loud and wild, I'm just a happy and positive lass :)



7. She hangs out with the boys quite often, what a flirt

That one really get into my nerves -_- F.Y.I. peeps, boys are easy to deal with. They are very straight forward and even the small things make them happy. I have a few girlfriends, but most of my buddies are really lads. I don't flirt, it's not my thing, I'm just 'one-of-the-boys' ^_^



8. She's very outspoken and quite opinionated, very insensitive

I do speak my mind, literally, and I don't think that's something negative. However, I don't usually give unsolicited advice or inappropriate comment. But if the situation really demands for my own insights, I would divulge my opinion in that matter. My purpose is not to intimidate the person I'm talking to, or even make him/her feel bad, I just think my words will be of help to them---make them realize things based from an unbiased perspective. 



That's it! I don't think I've listed enough, but these things are the most popular impressions about me ^_^


You can never please everybody. Everyone will always have something to say about you. But it's on how you will handle every situation, deal with things and treat those people in return. You know who you are, and that's what really matters. But of course, always be open for changes, be ready to adapt and be a better version of yourself everyday. 


With your life's twist and turns, always remember to stay positive ^_^


Life is beautiful, so are you...


--Miss G.


No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!