Thursday, August 20, 2015

STRESS: The Uninvited Guest


FOR GOD SAKE, I beg you, please stay away from me...


I've been experiencing a lot of stressful things in my life for the past months. Work-related, grad school-related, family-related and even relationship-related---so in short, in almost everything! 

Work-related stress is quite easy to manage, because in my case, I don't really give up on workloads easily---I'm always up for the challenge of finishing every task on hand. However, The people who exist inside your workplace are like dementors---they will try to suck all the happiness that you've got and turn you into a lonely, worthless being. Well, I'm not saying all of them, maybe some, but still they're like fish bones inside your throat, which will be very difficult to spit out. 


Good thing I'm with a new family---my DLSU-D family! ^_^ Thanks for their super warm welcome!


For four years of working as an educator, I guess I was able to learn the strategies in dealing with these people. You just need to ignore them and things will go lightly. As for the pile of work loitering on your desk, make sure that you deal with them head-on! I would always prepare a "to do" list and group the work according to their complexity. I'll spend quite some time dealing with the hardest stuff, then gradually move to  the lighter tasks. It is advisable if you'll deal with it few days prior to the deadline, yes, cramming would be thrilling but you'll yield poor results in the end. Stress will enter once you started worrying about meeting the deadline. Do things one at a time and ahead of time ^_^



A good way of relieving yourself from work-related stress is THIS! hang-out with your workmates and eat out!


The school-related stress is very much connected with work. I always find it very hard to balance work and graduate school. Before I decided to take up my master's degree, I assumed that the professors will be quite understanding with their students---given the fact that they are working while studying. However, that scene was washed away from my 'hopeful' mind :( A lot of research papers were required from us, plus journals to read and synthesize, coupled with nose bleeding exams within and at the end of every modules...it was a nightmare. 

For a year, I've been literally 'crawling' just to submit all the requirements and pass the dreadful written/practical exams. Now I'm close to finishing my academics, with only a few units to work on for the next semester. But as I get closer to finishing this brain-racking pursuit of knowledge, the battle becomes tougher! And of course, this calls for the same technique: Do things early and never cram! 'coz I don't want to waste a single cent in my tuition fee ^_^


Dealing with one of the hardest subjects for me :( #ENTOMOLOGY with Dr. Rint


Family-related stress would be the easiest to handle. I'm blessed with good parents who are very supportive, and I thank God for that. However, there will always be that moment wherein you'll clash with your siblings, especially now that we are all grown-up---opinions bang on each other, your pride is always at stake. Since I'm the eldest, I always believe that I should be in full control of everything, that I sometimes forget the importance of listening to the opinions of my younger siblings. 

Communication is the key to a happier family relationship. Sometimes I fail to perform my obligations in communicating to my family, because I'm too busy with my personal things. But as circumstances arise, I can slowly see the importance of sitting down and have some nice chat among your parents and siblings. More talk, less misunderstanding! 



A 19-year old photograph  ^_^ It's me with my baby sister, Rose.


Lastly, the most emotionally-draining kind of stress, relationship-related. To be particular, what I'm talking about is the romantic relationship. I've been in a serious boyfriend-girlfriend relationship for almost a decade now, haha! I'm not kidding! For so many years, we've been through a lot of hell stuff, and fortunately, we surpassed all the trials. At the back of my mind, I'm already in peace---knowing that there couldn't be any problem which can shatter our relationship...


...and here comes the petty fights. Yes, the shallow and pointless arguments are the scariest. Some issues can be light at first, but these will secretly dig into your past and the next thing you know, the simple misunderstanding already became an unsolvable problem. I've experienced a lot of heart-breaking stuff, but of course, you have no choice than to mend the broken trust and renew the pledge of love. You'll do these things if you really love the person, your partner. I personally believe that there is no such thing as a small and big problem, because whatever problem it is, it may lead to a single result: a broken relationship. Be honest in communicating your feelings, accept your mistakes, and make sure to be a better version of yourself after every fight. Exert some efforts, love endlessly ^_^


Me with the ill-tempered but super sweet, Mr. J  ^_^


I guess stress would always be right there at the corner, waiting for the perfect time to seep into your sleeves and steal the enthusiasm in your heart. However, there's no one to be blamed for this, but YOU---because it's up to you if you'll let it in. 

Pray for God's guidance in everything that you do. Prayer is our ultimate weapon against stress! Also, keep the positive mind, look at the brighter side of every problem, if you're always seeing the negative things, refocus your lens and make sure to capture the beautiful things. 

Remember, we are experiencing stressful things because God wants us to learn how to appreciate... and to remain positive always :)


Never let it show! stay happy and positive!


---Miss G.

2 comments:

  1. Good point baby. I too previously experienced heartbreaks. God gives tough things for us to remain faithful and discover the better version of ourselves. Stay positve baby. Hope we could chat some time. I miss you. ~~~~ mami janne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet of you mami Janne ^_^ I guess God give the hardest trials to his strongest soldiers, like us :) I would love to see you soon! May God Bless your beautiful married life more...Stay in Love! xoxo

      Delete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!