Sunday, February 7, 2016

I'M DONE, I QUIT!



How many times have you recited this line “I can’t take this anymore, I want to quit!” For my case, I guess a hundred times. Though I’m not a quitter (yes, I’m not), whenever I’m so stressed out, I will often curse life and declare that I will abandon the mission. But often than not, I will end up finishing the task on hand and overcoming another struggle. I’m honestly curious about the outcome “if” I do really quit in the middle of a pursuit, what could’ve happened? I really wonder.


But what makes us quit? And what can we do to retreat this idea? Can this be somehow useful on a different scenario?


I must have quitted a hundred times if not for my belief that “quitters will never be winners”. It is one my guiding principle. However, because I’m only human, I’ve also quitted several times in my life, most of them, I deeply regret until now.


In college, I would quit after finishing halfway through the chapters that I need to read, for a final exam the following day. I do that because I’m just exhausted and I felt the urge to enjoy a deep slumber. Of course, I will regret that, knowing I would have gotten perfect scores if I only sacrificed my sleep. I also quitted my passion in drawing anime characters, simply because I’m not being supported by my parents enough, because they would rather buy me books instead of drawing materials. Though my creative side was never forgotten, I am just slightly resentful of the possible outputs I might have created. I have a lot more inside my bag of memoirs, but each situation boils down to one question: “What if I didn’t quit?”

~A doctor someday~ A dream that will never be a reality for me is to become a medical doctor someday. Though I've quitted a long time ago, I still find a way to realize this dream by taking up a master's degree in biology, and hopefully a doctorate degree in the future :) 

If you would talk with smokers and ask them why they started smoking and if they really liked it, I bet each of them has a unique story to tell. One may tell you it was because of being young and curious before. The other may say that it is simply because of peer pressure, wanting to be accepted, just to look cool in front of their friends. But for some, it is more of a choice. They may also share their plans of quitting their bond with cigarettes, and again, that will be a different story---and these stories will show us that quitting is not purely disadvantageous.


What am I pointing out on this? Quitters come in different forms and the result of their actions may be a priceless experience, an awful regret or just a hang on a cliff. I strongly believe that one must encourage himself / herself not to quit in the midst of the toughest situations, holding on to the faith that after every storm is a beautiful rainbow. However, we can’t neglect the fact that sometimes, we should also learn to let go, even in the middle of a race, especially if that’s the best thing we can do for that moment.


We usually quit when times get rough and if the situation becomes unmanageable. Most of the time, if our car goes off track, instead of pulling it back to the right lane, we choose to go out and leave it behind. But it’s the decision-making part that we take-for-granted the most, questioning ourselves “should I quit or not?” Once we felt that the burden is too much, we quit. Whenever the scenario becomes dark and unfamiliar, we quit. If our ideals were shattered and there’s nothing much to believe in, we quit. We resort in “quitting” because we are burnt out, stressed, unhappy, unmotivated, unloved. But what is our basis for quitting? Is it our emotions? I think that reason is too shallow. To quit is to end a game. And since it has a huge impact on one or more aspects of our lives, it must be done after carefully looking into options, weighing pros and cons, seeking for advice and reassessing the situation. It is not a decision to be made overnight.


After graduating last year, my sister started working as a Human Resource recruitment officer for a large mall franchise in the Philippines. She was already a regular employee this year when she decided to quit the job. But what made her leave this very decent job, with tons of benefits and possible promotional opportunities? Simple, it’s because she was unhappy. I won’t divulge the details, but I guess satisfaction is not merely on the material things a career can offer you, because it is the in depth experiences which will truly matters.


To quit is to gamble. You don’t know what will happen next, unless the outcome is already definite, just like in quitting smoking or drinking. If you are already sure what will happen next after you retreated, that’s good for you, but if not, then it’s either you think twice or just face the consequences. It’s not easy, I know, but what I would like you to get from this post is an open mind and an open heart. Be willing to take a second glance before turning your back. Perseverance is one of the keys to success and it takes determination to set aside the thoughts of giving up. But still, it also takes a strong will to let go and let your destiny unfold.

~Entering a new life~ This is the first photo I posted on my personal FB account when I got hired to teach at DLSUD. I quitted my job from a beloved institution in exchange for great opportunities here at La Salle---until now, I'm hoping I made the right choice.

It may be confusing for you, but at the end of the day, with God’s guidance, everything will be clear. Don’t be afraid to share your thoughts to someone, especially to your family and friends, they will be of great help for sure. I’m currently in a state wherein I’m also deciding if I should quit or not, and I tell you, all you need to do is to seek for God’s will, know what His plans are because you’ll never go wrong with it. And I guess now, I’m pretty much decided ^_^.


Thank you for reading, I know this is quite long, but I hope this somehow enlightened you in your pursuit for change, happiness and satisfaction.



More of my thoughts for the days to come! Have a great day ahead!




**************************

SUBSCRIBE to my post and get daily dose of good vibes and happy thoughts! Scroll down and enter you email below.

BE UPDATED! Follow my official Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter accounts! I'll be happy to hear comments from you as well ^_^ 

FOR INQUIRIES, email me at missgdiariesofficial@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!