Sunday, July 31, 2016

DIY SERIES: Oatmeal + Honey Face Mask [Perfect Acne Treatment]


HAVE YOU TRIED EVERYTHING, but it seems like your pimples and acnes are there to stay forever? It has been a long-time dilemma for me: pimples and cystic acne that keeps on popping-out whenever my period is about to set in. I’m tired of using special products each time I have them on my face and disgusted of the fact that I have to face them first thing in the morning! I hate having pimples and I’m extremely devastated with the marks they leave behind.

I’ve tried strong salicylic acid products and underwent clarifying facial procedures, and yes, these somehow reduced my zits but the problem is still there. Until I’ve finally decided to try a not-so-new but proven effective (according to some online articles) natural remedy, and the result was really amazing. 

I know you have heard of this combination already, but the reason why I’m sharing you this is because I want to teach you on how to create this mask by observing the advisable proportion of ingredients and the must-not-be-forgotten steps before and after application. Let’s get started!




Benefits of Oatmeal and Honey 

Oatmeal is one of the most-suited ingredients for all skin-types. It can act as a mild cleanser (because it contains saponins); provide enough hydration or moisture (rich in lipids and proteins); calms eczema, reduce itchiness and treats acne (due to its anti-inflammatory properties) and delays skin aging (primarily because of anti-oxidants). No wonder this ingredient has become a part of many skincare products already. 

Honey, on the other hand, has natural anti-bacterial properties that can target pimples and acnes. It can also lighten pimple marks and improve skin tone. And since this ingredient is also packed with anti-oxidants, it can help in preventing the early signs of aging. 

Yes, everything that is stated above is TRUE! Amazing huh? :)


Make you own Oatmeal + Honey Face Mask!

Alright, so now we’ll proceed to the step-by-step procedure of making your own pimple fighting and scar healing mask. Make sure to wash your face first before applying this mask. 



STEP 1: In a small container, place a tablespoonful of oatmeal (you can add more if you want, but it’s better to prepare a single-use mask, fresh every time!) 




STEP 2: Add a teaspoon of warm water (enough to moisten the oatmeal and cook it a bit---though raw oats can serve as an exfoliant, it can irritate the pimples) and mix it until soft and smooth.





STEP 3: Add a tablespoonful of honey. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for a few minutes (the cold mask will feel good on the skin and aids in closing pores).




STEP 4: Apply the mask on your face using a clean foundation brush or your own fingers. Let it stand for 5 – 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with clean water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel and apply moisturizer right away!

Excuse my BARE FACE! :)


FEEL YOUR FACE! I really love the smooth feeling after indulging on this all-natural face mask. Whenever I have those breakouts, I use it twice a day. And I swear, after two days, you’ll notice that your zits will start to disappear and heal for good! Now, to prevent breakouts, I make sure to treat myself with this mask every other day. You can try it now and see the wonders it can do for your skin. And besides, the ingredients are very affordable and far more effective than the commercially sold masks in beauty shops. The only cons of using the Oatmeal + Honey Face Mask are the messy application and its shelf-life, but it’s definitely tolerable! 


Try my wonder mask TODAY and look even more beautiful TOMORROW! *wink*




No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!