Saturday, October 15, 2016

Won an invite from CLOZETTE + Preparations for the E! Bloggers Ball


HELLO LOVELIES! I prepared this post because some of you are asking me how did I got an invite for the first-ever E! Bloggers Ball, which was held last September 29, 2016 at City of Dreams Manila. 


To be honest, my hopes are low when I joined the contest, and until now, I still can't believe that my first blogger event will be this grand. If you've been following me since day one, you'll know that my blog is only less that two years old (one year and six months to be exact). Besides, I only have less than 600 Instagram followers and only less than 30K visitors for this blog site. Why am I presenting these figures? Simple, because they matter. As a blogger, your followers and subscribers define who you are. The larger your network is, the greater opportunities will come at your doorsteps. 


But I guess it's simply God's will :)




It was early morning of September 16, 2016 when I received an email from Clozette. Nothing is unusual for me at first because I always receive a mail from their team since the day I sign-up as a member of this fashion & beauty social network. 

However, when I read the content of the email, I got so excited because it's another contest! This contest thrilled me for several reasons like (1) It'll surely be a great opportunity for me to expand my network, (2) I'll get the chance to meet my favorite bloggers, (3) The venue is surprisingly related to me (because I currently work there) and (4) I haven't attended a legit blogger event before, so why not? :)


*The email which started it all...:)*


The contest mechanics was simple, you just need to tell them why you would like to be part of the EBB. According to them, they'll be picking winners based on the creativity of their answers. And so, I composed my piece and submitted it on the 20th (deadline was until 23rd), together with the links they required (blog site, IG and FB page). I've waited for their response in the afternoon of September 23...and voila! I'm in! *throw hands in the air* 

*Confirmation mail from Ms. Amanda of Clozette*


*OFFICIAL INVITATION*

It was a mixture of excitement and fear. Yes I did got a seat, not only for one but for two, however, I'm not totally prepared! The dress? The shoes? Who will do my hair and makeup? OH NO!!! I can't look like a pauper in the middle of the princesses...*shrug*


Absolutely a struggle on my part,  good thing I found someone in the internet who's selling a classy infinity gown. I bought the gown for only 1600 php, while my clutch is only 250 php (sale at Parisian). The rest are just recycled stuff. I did my own makeup and also painted my nails so that it'll match my nude theme. As for the hair, I did a low, semi-messy bun. 


I'm glad that most of you loved my look when I posted it on Facebook :)





There you go, I just did what I can and I pretty much love the result. I chose to be as simple and as classy as possible. No need to show-off because that's really not my thing. Besides, I'm attending the ball in order for me to learn from my fellow bloggers and connect with them. I'm just happy to realize that the look doesn't matter at all, it's always the smile that you wear which will set the deal. 


Again, my huge "THANK YOU" will go to Clozette for opening another wonderful opportunity for me. It has been a great, great experience that I will forever keep in the deepest part of my heart. 


And oh, you may be wondering what is CLOZETTE, you can check them out thru this link: www.clozette.co. Sign-up today and share your #ootd with the other girls in Asia. Don't worry, this community is not only for bloggers, but for every girl who loves beauty and fashion. Who knows, you may become one of their ambassadors!



Hope you enjoyed this post, 'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!