Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Secrets to a Pimple-Free skin


PIMPLES. ACNES. ZITS. These are the horrifying bumps that scare us more than horror films. You can’t avoid seeing these red swollen bumps first thing in the morning, but the worst part is these little monsters will surely affect your esteem and confidence. 

I bet all of us already experienced (or still experiencing) this unfortunate product of puberty. I started to have pimples right after the onset of my first menstruation. They disappeared when I was in fourth year college, but managed to reappear again when I started working. They even ruined my self-regard during an interview for a cabin crew position earlier this year! Like most of the girls out there, I’ve done a lot of skin rituals, tried pimple-fighting products and even consulted a dermatologist so that I can finally bid goodbye to these red enemies…but still, they managed to stay, I got defeated!

But nothing lasts forever, especially “zits”, because right now, I am currently enjoying a pimple-free skin! I am absolutely happy to share my simple secrets with all of you and I do hope everyone will start loving their skin more after reading this post and religiously following my tips. HAPPY READING!



Disclaimer: These are all based on the experience of a girl with 
a combination skin type. 



#1: KNOW THE SOURCE

Generally, pimples are attributed to lack of sleep, stress and even excessive eating of nuts and oily foods. I won’t say that these are just myths. Yes, they somehow contribute to the development of zits, but what they produce are not the long-staying ones. There are actually a lot of stuff that can be considered as the culprits of your red and swollen dilemmas. So if you’ll manage to stay away from these practices or products, you will soon say bye-bye to pimples. 


In my case, I have pimples on different areas of my face before: nose, cheeks, jawline and forehead. I simply did some research about it because I was so frustrated to eliminate them once and for all. Luckily, I came across this video in YouTube which explains that pimples popping on different areas have something to tell us about out body’s condition, they are act as “signs”. To resolve these types of pimples, I just followed three (3) simple steps:

1. Eat healthy and avoid processed/instant foods
2. Drink generous amount of water
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily 


source: www.DermCheck.com



However, the pimples along my jawline are the most stubborn! I dealt with them for a few years, only to find out that they are hormonal acnes. If you also have them, don’t worry, just avoid eating too much sweets and dairy products (milk and cheese), you’ll see the difference in less than a week! 



Well as you can see, sleeping early was not part of my list, it is simply because I can’t sleep early due to the nature of my job. But surprisingly, even I stayed up as late as 12 midnight and sleep around 2 o’clock in the morning and I still don’t wake up with zits on my face! BUT HOW? It's on the next secret!



#2: STICK WITH A ROUTINE

I already shared two of my personal skincare routine on this blog. But I found my current routine as the most effective. It is divided into two: the after-bed routine (before putting makeup on) and the before-bed routine. 

After-Bed Routine:

Step 1: 
Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser

Step 2: 
Apply a mattifying toner using cotton 

Step 3: 
Apply eye cream and moisturizer all over your face 



Before-Bed Routine:

Step 1: 
Double cleanse using micellar water 
and a mild cleanser

Step 2: 
Use an Oatmeal-Honey mask 
(at least every other day)

Step 3: 
Apply moisturizer generously on your face and neck


Below are the products which I use daily:







TAKE NOTE that the real secret here is the use of moisturizer. You need to invest in an excellent moisturizer because it’ll save your life (I mean it). If your skin is hydrated all-throughout the day, you need not worry about your pores going mad. Sebum production will be controlled, keeping the shine at bay for the entire day. In addition to that, my DIY Oatmeal-Honey mask really helped me in getting rid of my pimples, as well as the scars. 



#3: DEVELOP HYGIENIC PRACTICES

Just keep these things in mind and you'll have a happier skin in no time!

1. Never touch your face with your dirty hands. 
2. Always clean your makeup brushes and sponges. 
3. Never use a towel to dry your face after washing (Use face sponge or square cotton).
4. Regularly change your pillowcases and blankets.
5. Always remove your makeup before going to bed. 


I hope you’ve ingested everything! They aren’t too hard to follow right? You don’t even need to visit your dermatologist twice a month for those expensive and skin-thinning procedures. Believe me, I’ve tried several facial treatments just to solve my hormonal acne problem, but they didn’t work. Thank God I’ve discovered my DIY Oatmeal-Honey mask, positive result in less than a week! But of course, if your case is quite serious, you can always seek for professional help. 


Never let those zits ruin your beautiful face! Makeup will hide them for a while, but it’s always better to get rid of them for good!



Bye-bye zits! Hello lovely face!


1 comment:

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog
    haute her Solution for pimples tips and secrets

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!