Friday, December 9, 2016

Why 2016 feels like a bad dream


IT’S THE FASTEST, the saddest, and the most forgettable year according to many. I’ve seen a lot of posts in social media and articles in the web elaborating how awful this current year has been. May it be in politics, business, health, and even in relationships, most of us has something negative to say. For me, it’s half and half---partly I am so dead, praying this year would end right now so I can start anew, but as this year comes to an end, I’ve realized how blessed I am for having been turned upside-down by twenty-sixteen. 


I’ve faced tons of challenges, been through a lot of drastic changes and dealt with the hardest decisions I’ve ever made this year. A roller coaster ride won’t even be enough to describe how looped my life has become---it was like a creepy bedtime story with the best moral lesson. I don’t know how it was with other people, but for me, this year had given the greatest of opportunities, together with the worst of failures. Everything happened so fast yet so painful, it makes you want to forget and move on swiftly. That’s what I was doing before, which totally ripped my happy soul apart. 


Most of the time, I would snuggle between my pillows and push myself deep into the creases of my blanket, so I can fall fast asleep and forget how unhappy this year is. I started to lose my interest on the things that I love to do, and just diverted my full attention to the routine that I currently have. Even if I’m a very positive person (just like what those who know me would say), my bubbly personality was drained by all the disappointments piling up over my head. But don’t worry, this was then…and now is totally different. 

I must not forget that my first-ever bloggers event happened this year! It was such a great blessing indeed :)


I personally don’t know the explanation why this year seemed to be a very ill-fated year, maybe not for all, but for some---like me. But I believe those who have experienced the worst in 2016 have gathered the best life’s lesson they ever had so far. This year taught me three great things which I want to share with you: First, a set-back is just a beginning of something grand. Allow yourself to fall and stumble many times so you would be stronger each time you get up. Second, you’ll only fail to achieve your dreams if you stop chasing it. A prize won’t be given as it is, it must be fought for. Lastly, value your relationships, because these are the true source of happiness. If I wasn’t given a chance to experience the worst this year, I wouldn’t be so motivated, as I am right now, to pursue my heart’s desires. I strongly believe that the fruit of all our struggles will be sweeter and more memorable because we’ve been through the bitter phase and survived it. 



It will remain as a bad dream if you’ll look into the wicked things it has brought on your feet. But if you’ll try to turn on the light, you’ll wake up and realize that it is nothing but a beautiful nightmare. 


We shall all have a great year ahead, claim it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!