Friday, July 21, 2017

Cathy Doll's AffordaBeauty Packs


I WAS QUICKLY BROWSING on Instagram when I saw a post featuring sample packs from Cathy Doll. I gave it a second look and found out that they already offer the affordable versions of their most-raved items. Since I’m quite intrigued with the popularity of this Korean brand, now is my chance to try their products without the guilt of spending a lot---hooray! 


I bought my stash (consisting of five different items) in a nearby 7-11 store, which made it not only affordable but very convenient to begin with. Now I’ll be sharing with you my first impression and some helpful insights about these items and maybe recommend which one is worth the hoard---hoping all of them!

Let’s get started!






Cathy Doll Anti-Acne Serum 
+ Foam Cleanser

19.00 Php



Anything with anti-acne is my thing because I really hate having zits (we all do!). Since it’s my first time to try a serum + cleanser rolled into one product, I’m expecting this to be a different “washing” experience. 

It actually smells like tea tree extract, which made it very refreshing. But when mixed with water, it doesn’t create generous foam (like super generous foam). Overall, it gently cleanses the skin without making it dry (unlike other anti-pimple products do). As for its acne fighting ability, I can’t say at this point, because I have only used it once, just for this quick review. I’ll give updates after several weeks since I’ll start using it as my daily cleanser.




Cathy Doll Water Splash Essence 
with L-Glutathione





I was confused with the “water splash” thing until I tried a small amount of the white cream and rubbed it on my face. The cream slowly turns into droplets of water! I actually felt that my skin absorbs it which left me in awe for a few seconds *laughs* It has a mild soapy scent and smooth texture, especially after turning completely into water. True to its claim, it does instantly whitens the skin, though I prefer to use the term “lighten” because it is not yet permanent. Aside from that, it somehow minimizes the appearance of pores thru its blurring effect.


40.00 Php



Cathy Doll Milky Splash Essence 
with Heot Gae Na Mu



Now this one is a translucent emulsion that is somehow cream in color. It turns into white droplets of liquid, milk-like, and is quickly absorbed by the skin. The smell is stronger than the water splash essence, like a perfumed-lotion. I like this one more than the previous because it has a softening effect on the skin, it make it surprisingly supple. When I looked at the ingredients, it contains a lot of fruit extracts! Wow! But hey what is Heot Gae Na Mu?




Cathy Doll Ready 2 White 
Milky White Cream Pack

50.00 Php


Another “instant” whitening product here! This one is a washable face mask, which you put on your wet face for only 3 minutes then rinse. When I tried it, all I can say is that it brightens my skin but I didn’t noticed any significant effect on my pores. The white cream is thick, which will make your face really white (like a Geisha) after spreading it evenly but rinses well with water. Checking the ingredients, it mostly contains unnatural substances plus ascorbic acid.



Cathy Doll CC Cream
(Color Control)

40.00 Php


A bit hesitant to try this cream because my skin is really sensitive and I fear of having breakouts. But still I gave it a shot and tried a few dots…and holy moly, an instant favorite!!! I love the scent because it’s just light; the texture is so nice as well because it blends easily on the skin. I like how it lightens my skin tone without making it look unnatural---just like my real skin, but better. Moreover, it also managed to minimize the appearance of my large pores (along the side of my nose) and make the overall look of my skin healthy! I tried it alone (plus powder) and as a make-up base (with foundation on top), and it did well on both. 



YASSS! We’re done! I hope you enjoyed my quick review on these products. If you’ll ask me which one will I recommend, well I’m currently enjoying three out of these five items: (1) Anti-Acne Serum + Foam Cleanser, (2) Milky Splash Essence and (3) CC Cream. In the end, I hope other Korean brands would offer budget packs like what Cathy Doll did. Because I personally find their products pricey and trying them out first will give the customers a chance to test which one is effective for them before purchasing a regular item. 


In the end, kudos to Cathy Doll and please create more beautiful products! I still have a few items to try so if you’ll excuse me… *runs to the nearest 7-11 store*



Put that pretty face forward and run the world!

2 comments:

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!