Monday, January 29, 2018

My Daily Skincare Routine | glowing and blemish-free skin


Probably the most requested blog post, ever! And now I’m ready to share the updates on my skincare routine. Hopefully after reading this, you’ll be encouraged to focus more on skincare---like me!





If you have been following me since 2015, I already shared my skincare routine twice, featuring different products. Since I have a slightly problematic skin before (oily and with zits), I tend to skip from one product to another, while following a basic routine: cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturize. But after two years of experimenting, I have finally discovered the routine which suits me best, as well as the products which miraculously solved my skin’s issues. 


Won’t keep you waiting, so let’s start! 



The Routine

The most important thing that you must remember here is to strictly follow your daily routine, no matter how busy or tired you are. No skipping. No excuses. 

I have two routines: one for the day (or morning, before I put my make up on) and another one for the night. They are exactly similar except for the additional steps I do before going to sleep. 




Cleansing 

I’m a fan of double-cleansing, for it has done great wonders for my skin. If you wear makeup almost every day, you must do this so you’re sure that nothing is left on your skin before you go to bed.  I always start with micellar water because it removes make up and dirt effectively. Next would be washing my face with a very mild cleanser to remove the remaining dirt, oil, etc. Well some of you might think that too much cleaning will strip the natural moisture of the skin, but don’t worry because it won’t. As long as you will not use strong cleansers, your skin will not be harmed even if you do this two-step cleansing ritual. 



Toning 

I honestly take this step for granted before, and just found out that it is indeed important. Toning preps the skin so it will absorb the succeeding products better. Never opt for astringents, but rather choose the hydrating type of toners. I don’t use cotton when applying my toner, I just simply pour generous amount onto my palm and pat it on my face. Fresh!


Moisturizing

This one involves 3 products for the day and 5 products at night, which keeps my skin healthy and hydrated. 

During the day, right after toning and before I put some make up on, I start with an “essence” which is a concentrated liquid packed with vitamins for the skin. This will be followed by “serum” which targets a particular skin dilemma, and for me that’s dullness / paleness. Next is my favorite, the “eye cream” which keeps my eye area wrinkle free and healthy-looking. 


At night, I still do everything mentioned above, plus these: I wear “cotton sheet mask” at least 3 times a week (not every day because that’ll be too expensive) or whenever I’m so stressed. I pop it in the freezer first, for a couple of minutes, before I put it on—so nice and cold! Lastly, I'll put on my “sleeping mask” which makes my skin look ‘blushing’ the next day. 




Eliminated Exfoliation

If you noticed, I already eliminated “exfoliating” on my current routine. Why? because I believe that the use of face scrubs only damaged my skin before, making my pores bigger and my skin oilier. But still, stripping off dead skin cells is necessary to reveal a youthful glow, that’s why I have a scheduled facial with diamond peel session at least once a month. Let the experts to the proper exfoliating!



The Products




My routine may seem so ‘elaborate’ and you might think that I’m spending a lot on skincare. Well I actually spend more on skincare than makeup, in contrast to what others think of me. But luckily, I found good products which aren’t that pricey, just right for daily use. 

Cleansing: 
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 
Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser

Toning: 
Nivea Pore Minimizer Toner 

Moisturizing: 
Skin Potions Snow Fresh essence
Skin Portions Tomato Juice serum 
Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye cream
The Face Shop cotton sheet mask 
Skin Potions Snow Berry sleeping mask 


I am not saying that you should use the products that I'm currently using. If you have the same skin type, combination of oily and dry, these products may also work well with you. What I can suggest is for you to follow a strict skincare routine and be very patient in looking for the best products which will suit your special needs. 


So I hope you enjoyed this post :) If you have questions, just leave a comment below! Show some LOVE, share this with your friends!



Still, true beauty lies within...









1 comment:

  1. Soon matatry ko din itong skincare mo Miss grace. 😍 B'cos I want to be you. I want to be my skin like yours Miss grace! So flawless.💓

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!