Sunday, September 23, 2018

Yes, I'M ENGAGED!



After three months (almost), I am now ready to spill the whole story about this particular event, which happened last July 1st, and has changed my usual life into something special...


Okay, you've already read it on the title.

Nah, don't deny it, you already know what I'm talking about.





YES, I GOT ENGAGED! *trying to hide the "kilig"*


Disclaimer: If you're expecting for an extravagant proposal or sweep-off-your-feet narrative, well you can stop reading from here. We are just a simple couple, and this is a simple proposal. My purpose of sharing this to everyone is simply to inspire and impart some life's lesson. Okay, let's start?


So we are about to celebrate our twelfth anniversary last July 1, 2018, and I was the one eager to plan something special. We booked a flight to Bacolod on the second week of July, since there's a beautiful island somewhere in Cadiz Viejo, where we can celebrate our more than a decade of being a couple (here's my post about Lakawon Island). But of course, that would mean that we won't be celebrating on the actual day of our anniversary. 



But luck hit us. I was fortunate enough to receive a free premium accommodation at one of the hotels in City of Dreams Manila, plus a buffet brunch for two. Very lucky indeed! So I immediately booked June 30 (with the help of a good friend, since the date was almost full at that time), and we were set to celebrate our special day in a Forbes 4-star hotel, The Nobu Hotel Manila





We checked in late, because I still have work that day. (I think we arrived at around 5PM). When we saw our room, I was so happy because they gave us the city view and also arranged something nice for our celebration. At the back of my mind, I was thinking of silly thoughts already, like "will he propose later, or maybe tomorrow?", but t idea was immediately set aside because I just looked forward to a relaxing stay---and good food!


In the evening, we decided to check out the pool area, and of course dip for an hour or two. Then after that, we had our lovely dinner at Red Ginger (still located inside City of Dreams Manila). With full tummies, we head back to the hotel and the next thing that happened was...surreal. 


We were on the comfy bed when he reached for a white paper bag. He said that it contains all my fave chocolates and I was so ecstatic! But he didn't allowed me to take the entire paper bag from him (which was weird), instead, he gave me the chocolates one by one and arranged them in an order.  After he has given all 12 sweets, he instructed me to take the letter from their names based on their "order" (so the first letter for the first chocolate, the second letter for the second chocolate, and so on...). 


And I figured it out. 


Yeah I know, it was a crazy way to propose! Before I even blurted out the phrase, he took a white box out of the paper bag and opened it...and there's the ring




I am actually not hearing anything at that moment, though I know that he was saying something to me. When I came back to my senses, he was looking at me, totally confused. Took me a while to realize that I haven't responded to the question yet. So with a weak voice, I said...YES!


I cried happy tears while staring at the ring on my finger. "So this is what it feels like" I said to myself. I was nervous, excited, worried and delighted at the same time...it was like an emotional whirlwind. He then teased me, saying that I was really expecting for it, but honestly, it was far from what I expected.


Okay, so we all do have that "expectations" in our romantic relationships. So for a proposal, our ideal would probably be something unique and memorable, something similar to what we see on TV. Well I also have dreamed of experiencing those things, like walking on a pathway adorned by rose petals, or having a candlelight dinner. But reality would slap me and say "hey, you're not in the movies!". And it's true, though I would be dismayed if this proposal happened a few years back, when i was still so quixotic and impractical. Looking at it now, I did appreciate the intimacy of our special moment---no fuss, no add-ons, just the two of us. 




I had to go inside the bathroom so I can have a moment for myself, to be able to stare at the ring and contemplate (so me, haha!). I realized that the ring is just a ring, it only symbolizes the fact that I am about to get married. But even without it, we are still getting married anyway. For the past twelve years, we have experienced the best and the worst. We have gone from being immaturely in love, to a couple who are already planning for their future. I have no regrets that we've waited for such a long time before getting engaged. The years that we have endured together made us stronger and more mature. And yes, I am proud to say that I am engaged to my first and only boyfriend :)


Oh let me insert this, it was so funny because I've written this post last year (Why is everybody getting married?!) and I didn't even realized that I'll be sharing my engagement story the year after (hahaha!). Well, it's about time for us, I guess...though the wedding won't happen this year yet. I'm pretty excited for another chapter in my life! And it's good to be able to share the details of it with all of you.


Apologies for this long post, but I do hope that you enjoyed it! Would love to hear your thoughts and engagement stories too---comment down below so we can talk about it :) As for the wedding preparations, we haven't formally started yet. It was kinda postponed because we are trying to focus on a secret venture, which I'll be sharing once finalized. 




From your soon-to-be blushing bride, 

11 comments:

  1. Ayyyeeeee! Congrats sa inyo sis! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long story yung samin sis haha basta mahalaga mahal ang isa't-isa. Hihi preggy na ako bago pa ikasal no regrets naman. Masaya kami ngaun sa simpleng buhay. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no perfect relationship naman, or even an ideal marriage. But I'm happy because I know that you are happy, with your lovely family! God Bless you always sis <3

      Delete
  3. Ayyyeeeee! Congrats sa inyo sis! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations MissGrace! πŸ˜πŸ’“

    ReplyDelete
  5. Binalikan ko talaga tong blog na to, dahil noon silent reader lang ako and gusto ko lang sabihin na so happy for you miss gracee!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayeeee so kilig <3 at binalikan ko talaga to !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay kinikilig ako habang binabasa to . Love is love talaga . Congratulations ate grace may God bless you two on your more journey in life 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waaah! So happy for you Miss G.. soo kilig hihi lahot ako na habang nagbabasa i can also imagine while reading😍😍😍 ..

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!