Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Dear, Klairs Kit Review: Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop and Supple Preparation Toner


Jal jinaess-eoyo (How are you), my loves? I'm back with another exciting skincare review! If you saw my Instagram post a week ago, you already know that I accepted a skincare challenge from my Mama Angels at Althea Korea, yahoooo!


I was actually so ecstatic when I received the products, since it will be my first time to try this brand (I've been eyeing them on Althea's website for quite a long time). And finally, am now ready to spill my thoughts, so please start scrolling down!





Just a little background...


The products that I'll be reviewing here are from Dear, Klairs, a popular Korean beauty brand, which pride itself on gentle, cruelty-free and vegan-friendly products. I haven't tried a single product from this brand yet, but I am absolutely expecting a lot, since beauty and skincare enthusiasts pretty much love them and are always raving about their holy grail items.



For the challenge: I was asked to choose one among the three available Dear, Klairs kits, and because I'm a lover of clear and bright skin, I picked the second kit: The "You Glow, Glen Coco" (I know most of you remembered this fictional character from the movie "Mean Girls": You go, Glen Coco!). 


The kit contains the following products:


Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad
Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
Supple Preparation Facial Toner (Travel Size)






I used the products for one week, as part of my daily skincare routine; skipping my essences and serums so they won't interfere with the result. So basically, my routine for a week followed below sequence:


*Cleansing using a mild soap
*Toning with Supple Preparation Facial Toner
*Applying Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
*Moisturizing with an eye cream and gel moisturizer






Before we jump into the result of the challenge, let me first share the details of each product:


Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad

The box contains two types of cotton pads. There's an opening at the lower part so you can easily pull out the cottons. But unlike the normal square cotton pads, these pads were specifically designed for skin toning, and they actually compliment the Supple Preparation Facial Toner. 






You may ask why there's a need to use two different cotton pads for toning (that was also my question), but after using the pads, I got to say "Oh yeah, so that's what proper toning feels like!"



The compressed cotton is suitable for wiping, because of it has less fluff, as compared to regular cotton pads. It also aids in clearing off the skin to increase its absorption. The sponge cotton on the other hand, is perfect for toning since it has the ability to hold the product and transfer it to the skin effectively. Indeed, the combination of the two cotton pads is essential to maximize the goodness of the toner.






Supple Preparation Facial Toner

This is probably one of Klairs' popular products, which have gone several improvements over the past years. It underwent reformulation (replacing the artificial fragrances with natural perfumes), and can now retain moisture 20% longer.



If you are a sucker for supple and glowing skin, then this product is definitely your match. Unlike the usual toners, which are watery, this one is slightly viscous, like a water gel. It has a faint fragrance, like lavender, and doesn't cause sting on the skin once applied. Overall, it made my skin look so moisturized.


It has Sodium hyaluronate, Centella asiatica extract, Licorice root extract as the active ingredients.









Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

At last! I got to try a serum with pure Vitamin C! If you don't know, Vitamin C has a very low stabilization, and gets easily spoiled due to a lot of external factors. That's why most of the serums that contain Vitamin C make use of the so-called derivatives, which are less effective. Now this one here is absolutely PURE!



I was so thrilled to use it that I emptied half of the pipe onto my skin on the first use! But then I noticed something different. I got a little scared because the liquid felt warm (like heated) on the skin, and a little stingy. Using my fingers, I tried patting my skin, though it seems not to be effective. So I just rubbed it on and it was perfectly absorbed after a few strokes. In the next days, I still experienced the heated sensation, but it starts to fade as soon I rub the product on my skin.


It has no scent, yet the liquid is somewhat oily. But as it gets absorbed, it leaves the skin with a beautiful shine. It contains L-Acsorbic acid, Centella asiatica extract, Citrus junos extract, and Brocolli extract as its main ingredients.






So what happened after a week?

As what I've said, my expectations are really high, though I know that there wouldn't be drastic changes on my skin in a week's time. But honestly, these products left me in awe after a week, and here are the reasons why:

  • Better skin texture. There were lesser rough skin situation, especially along the forehead and jaw lines. My skin obviously look and feel smoother.
  • Brighter skin tone. Though I have a fair skin, my face appears to be a bit dull when it's bare (without make up), and I cannot go out without putting on CC cream. Now my skin is more radiant and glowing.
  • Improved skin condition. My occasional skin irritations were no longer dropping by when I started using this kit. Plus, my oil production was surprisingly controlled; leaving me with just the right glow at the right places.  



In general, the products are mild and non-irritating; perfect for those with sensitive skin. And as I continue using these products, I am looking forward to seeing my dark marks disappear---totally! I hope it will also delay the appearance of some age marks on my face (yikes!). I will update you again after a few months :)







Will I recommend these products? 

YES, of course! I really admire the brand for a lot of things: their eco-friendly packaging, their advocacy to be cruelty-free and almost 100% vegan-friendly, and their dedication to provide high-quality products which will fit our skin's ever-changing needs. The products in this kit are simple, yet can deliver powerful results. 


If you got intrigued and would love to see the effect for yourself, check out Althea's website and ADD these items to your cart. Make sure to share your experiences and thoughts with me too, comment them down below :) Will see you again on my next review/challenge! What brand should we try next?




Don't ever let anyone dim your glow!



1 comment:

  1. Bongga yan sis medyo pricey lang talaga. Pero sulit tlga bumili sa Althea try ko yan pg nka win ng credits sa Althea haha! 😁😉

    ReplyDelete

VISITORS

OUR TRIBE!